Sunday, December 26, 2010

AL DENTE (Leominster,MA)

I am not one to rain on someone's parade... unless it is called for. Well Al Dente... it is about to pour.

This locally owned restaurant is located in the plaza near Whitney Field Mall in Leominster,MA. It has a medium menu selection and is closer to Americanized Italian than the advertised authentic Italian.   The decor is simple and the restaurant comfortably sits 40-60 people. I find the service to be inconsistent by the waitstaff. They seem to be more interested in chatting in the kitchen than watching the dining floor. I used to be a waitress and I know under-par service when I see it.
   The LAST time I went there I never got my water refilled until I was about to ask for the check. The food was luke warm and the sauce was partially congealed when I got it.
    You can expect to pay $35-$60 for 2-3 people for appetizer and entrees. The entrees are $11-$25 and the portions are ranging from little for a lot of $ to generous. The ingredients in a dish tend to differ from visit to visit depending on the cook so overall they are inconsistent.
 Also BEWARE to look over your check before you write in tip, they INCLUDE gratuity for you on the check NO MATTER the party size and undeserving "service", AND you are expected to pay that gratuity or you will be considered default of payment.
   So ... my verdict is that this place is NOT worth the hassle and there are plenty of local Italian restaurants worthy of your patronage. I have no menu item recommendations since I do NOT recommend this place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment